Navigating the currents of life... the hopes and dreams of building a family...married with 4 kids... living in a university town... middle-aged and growing older... all forms of bicycling (recumbent, fixed gear, road, xtracycle)... christus victor theology... left slanted politics... being Asian American... trying to make our world a better place for all... the hope of caring for the least among us... Jesus as a revolutionary...Cancer Survivor... Loving all things Code

Monday, August 17, 2009

Bikers and Drivers

Caleb (hopefully) gets his driver's license tomorrow. MaeMae learns to ride a bicycle. Two milestones I vividly remember in my own life, I re-live again through the eyes of my children--at two vastly different stages in their lives.

Maelin's face lit with exuberance and pride. She immediately wanted mommy to see her, repeatedly saying "I can't believe I can ride a two wheel bike." I see her confidence growing in so many ways: riding a bike, swimming, learning her letters, easily moving into new settings.

Neither of us, Caleb and I, are shoppers, yet yesterday, we bought dorm stuff for the future: comforter, desk lamp, fan, some clothes, electronic charging station. We also set up some financial accounts: an ATM/credit card, online banking, so I can transfer money to Caleb as needed. After Mt Herman, I thought to myself how relaxing it is to be with a responsible college student as compared to two lovely (but needy) little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers