Navigating the currents of life... the hopes and dreams of building a family...married with 4 kids... living in a university town... middle-aged and growing older... all forms of bicycling (recumbent, fixed gear, road, xtracycle)... christus victor theology... left slanted politics... being Asian American... trying to make our world a better place for all... the hope of caring for the least among us... Jesus as a revolutionary...Cancer Survivor... Loving all things Code

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving -- the familar

Thanksgiving is the familiar--the smell of turkey in the oven and the sounds of ma-jong blocks colliding amongst friendly conversation. I see my past in the little ones, my present in my own life, and my future in my parents' generation...

It was a mix of activities: Caleb's first visit home from college, working on the duplex, Philip's lock-down at DCCC, family baptismal services, and the traditional turkey dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers