Navigating the currents of life... the hopes and dreams of building a family...married with 4 kids... living in a university town... middle-aged and growing older... all forms of bicycling (recumbent, fixed gear, road, xtracycle)... christus victor theology... left slanted politics... being Asian American... trying to make our world a better place for all... the hope of caring for the least among us... Jesus as a revolutionary...Cancer Survivor... Loving all things Code

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cross Country


Philip just got his cross country uniform. As he tried on his uniform, I could tell he felt uncomfortable wearing running shorts. He got the "long" running shorts, which to him were still too short. I'm sure the shorts felt fine: for Philip it was merely the perceived social awkwardness of wearing shorts that are "short", as compared to his more familiar soccer shorts.

MaeMae was excited to see Philip in his uniform. She called out, "Philip, you look awesome!" in her usual cheerful voice.

I'm sure he will get use to his new uniform. It can't be as strangle as wearing a wrestling singlet for the first time.

Cross country seems like a great sport. It's a large, social, co-ed team. They have pasta feeds before meets. Everyone shows great improvement over the season. It doesn't have an overly competitive tone. I look forward to watching his meets. Maybe, Philip will even motivate me to dust off my running shoes, but to keep up with Philip, I'll need my bike. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers