Navigating the currents of life... the hopes and dreams of building a family...married with 4 kids... living in a university town... middle-aged and growing older... all forms of bicycling (recumbent, fixed gear, road, xtracycle)... christus victor theology... left slanted politics... being Asian American... trying to make our world a better place for all... the hope of caring for the least among us... Jesus as a revolutionary...Cancer Survivor... Loving all things Code

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Cabin, Linsanity, and a place called Roeder Way



The Cabin: The middle ground is struck when the fantasy of perpetual vacationing meets the reality of home maintenance. The roofer job incomplete, while the storm arrives; the chimney exhaust fails in the middle of the night reigning fear and uncertainty. Yet, through it all is a sense of building something, not a fantasy, but real memories.

Identity: Overwhelmed by Linsanity reminds me of my captivity to racial identity. I am not above race, rather race defines who I am. And in this race and gender, I celebrate with the excitement and accomplishments of Jeremy Lin, who against the odds, believed in himself, when no one else would and continued to press on.

A Place Called Roeder Way: A farewell to Mr. Cook and with his passing I recall my childhood and many days with the Cook family. It was especially good to see Mrs. Cook, her voice and mind the same as I remember, but her age apparent. From Steven to Brad to Amelia to Tom, a glimpse into a life long passed that lives only in my childhood memories--a placed called Roeder Way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers