Navigating the currents of life... the hopes and dreams of building a family...married with 4 kids... living in a university town... middle-aged and growing older... all forms of bicycling (recumbent, fixed gear, road, xtracycle)... christus victor theology... left slanted politics... being Asian American... trying to make our world a better place for all... the hope of caring for the least among us... Jesus as a revolutionary...Cancer Survivor... Loving all things Code

Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Breezes


Summer is half over and it's been a good one.  With the diversion of work and frequent short vacations, I've gained a sense of contentment in my life.  I'm not sure if it's maturity, or gratitude, or my renewed focus on living in the moment--experiencing each sensation as if it were my first.

Short trips to the cabin have been a mainstay of our new routine.  It's not as if we do much there--eat, watch TV, relax.  But the short hikes, beach excursions, and exploration of tide pools makes for rich experiences.  We've had several months to explore the area.   I am amazed at the diversity--beach, tide pools, shops, forest, creek hikes, lakes--all within 15 minutes.

This past week, Pearl and the kids were in Tahoe.  My mom and I joined them for 2 days.  It has been years since my mom traveled.  She did well and enjoyed the reprieve from Sacramento heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers