Navigating the currents of life... the hopes and dreams of building a family...married with 4 kids... living in a university town... middle-aged and growing older... all forms of bicycling (recumbent, fixed gear, road, xtracycle)... christus victor theology... left slanted politics... being Asian American... trying to make our world a better place for all... the hope of caring for the least among us... Jesus as a revolutionary...Cancer Survivor... Loving all things Code

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Odd Fellows

I have always been odd.  Now, it is official.   I am an odd fellow! 

The last few days have been enjoyable.  Seeing a the Bronx Tale with Shirley.  Music venues at Armadillo, Thursday Night Live, Classic Film Festival.  Fireside chats with Men of Flame.  It is nice to go to an event and see familiar faces.  While there are times when I am melancholy, I need to reflect on life's many blessings.  

This past year continues to be a new experience.  On occasion, I feel detached from life.  Although the mild depression has subsided, sometimes, I still feel off, as if life is passing by, without meaning.  I enjoy meeting so many new friends at the Odd Fellows, meditation group, and walking club. I've been practicing mindfulness, savoring joyful moments, and contemplating gratefulness, compassion, and connection. 


I must steady remind myself that life is good, to savor each moment, and be kind and compassionate to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers